We are going to download the alt+click widget and installed it in our computers at the lab. You can download this tool at home and use it as a dictionary every time you find a new word in English and want to know what it means. All you have to do is to Alt-Click on any word in any program on your screen for a pop-up window with a concise definition of the word.
We are also going to work with our blogs. Add some interesting links to your blog. To do that:
- Just get into your dashboard in your blog,
- click on Design and then
- click on Add a New Gadget.
- After that, select Link List and add all the links you consider important.
- It would be nice if you added our class blog Doris3m EFL Center English for Work to your blog.
Next, download the first class from our file box.... a power point presentation called Ingles estrategico ocupacional. There you can find some guidelines on how to use an online dictionary and a thesaurus. We practice by using a word map to learn how to identify the different speech parts.
At the end of this class. I should have:
- visited the website Answers.com
- downloaded the alt+click widget and installed it in my computers at the lab
- add some interesting links to my blog.
- GOOGLED for glossaries, terminologies, magazines, organizations, etc.... related to my field of expertise.
- added our class blog Doris3m EFL Center English for Work to my blog.
- added some of my classmates blogs, too.
- downloaded the first class from the file box.
- found some guidelines on how to use an online dictionary and a thesaurus.
- exercised using a word map to learn how to identify the different speech parts.
- Go to www.answers.com, read some definitions of Graphic Design and write a post with your own definition of Graphic Design.
- Interview a Graphic designer.Use these questions. Remmeber to add a photo of the person you interview.
- Look for an article related to your field of expertise. Read your article. Select two paragraphs from it. Check on new words using Alt-Click . Write new words and definitions. You can illustrate the words with pictures if necessary. Write at least 4 words.
- Write a summary of the article selected (include the new words). Don't forget to add the link to the article and write about the author.
- Have a great week and if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. Use Google Talk to contact your teacher.