A true Cognate is a Spanish word that looks or sounds similar to an English word and has the same meaning. Some examples are shown below.
Spanish Word English Translation
A false cognate is a Spanish word that looks or sounds similar to an English word but has a totally different meaning. Some examples are shown below.
Spanish Word English Translation Confused With Spanish Translation
|abandonar||to quit||to remove||quitar|
- In pair task. Go to this page and work on the exercises. Copy the exercises in a Google document so both of you can edit and work in the same document.
- Individual task. Look for an article related to your field of expertise. Use Google, write key words related to a topic you want to read about.
- Write a post in your blog. Introduce the topic of the article. Make sure to add the link where you got it from. Write a short summary of the article. Say what it is about.Give your opinion about it.
- Select two paragraphs from your article and copy them in your blog
- Draw a chart with examples of true and false cognates.
FALSE FRIENDS OR FALSE COGNATES
Keep on shining Love and peace!